Friday, January 11, 2008

Deja Vu

About a year ago, my family experienced a giant meltdown of both my mother and our finances (my mom being the one who takes care of the finances) which nearly prevented me from returning to school for the fall semester.

Guess what happened again this year?

The big problem is, last year there was some sort of glitch at the school that allowed me to keep my classes; this year, no such luck.

All my classes are gone. I have to compete with other late-registering students in the next few days to get classes I don't really want. I'll probably speak with the professors of my original classes to see if they'll add me in (again).

How the fuck did this happen again? I understand my mother, she's not the most stable person in the world at this point in her life, but after last year I thought my dad was keeping better tabs on the situation.

At least they kept my room for me.

2 comments:

DBB said...

That's terrible! Did you get any of the classes you wanted? When I was in undergrad I'd pay for my tution myself (with some money from my parents) - I like to keep track of money going in and out. I'm anal that way. Of course, I could only do that because my parents set it up so it was easy for me to do so.

belledame222 said...

Crap, really sorry to hear that, seraph.

do they, I dunno, my UG had a grace period where you could sit in on the class and see if anyone dropped so that you could take their slot...