Friday, December 21, 2007

$$$ and cuteness

My GPA is higher than 3.5 this semester, yippee. It fell last semester after Wulfy and I started dating, as did his; my parents were confused because they didn't have that problem when they were dating in college, and I'm having trouble reminding them that we are not them. I'm still a little bit scared about my workload next semester. I'm taking one class that's a survey course of novels. We'll be reading about 15 novels during the semester, and that is of course on top of the other stuff I'll have to read, which will probably be, at least in part, novels as well. Oh gad.

My most expensive book is about $120...and I need twenty-four more books, most of which are between $10 and $20. Oh fer fucks sake.

The campus bookstore reeeally cheats us out of our money. I buy a book used...which is maybe 10 dollars cheaper on an expensive book. then I sell it back and they give me less than half of my money back...and sell it to someone else at the exact same price I bought it. It sucks. But I haven't really found a cheaper source. I guess I need to look harder.

I want to start saving up money for when I'm out on my own but it keeps getting sucked out of my pocket by frivolous little things like, oh, required textbooks and that silly stuff everybody has...oh yeah, food.

I'm sorry, I'm whining, there are a lot of people who would give an eyeball to science to have my privilege. But that doesn't mean it doesn't kinda suck sometimes.

On a more (truly) frivolous note, behold my new picture. It's a damn good facsimile of me, courtesy of this candybar doll maker. I love these things, even though they only come in skinny and pale-white. But I am skinny and pearlescent, so it's all good for me. And for the muffin, who already looks like a cartoon, and therefore doll-izes easily.

I'm also a nerd who makes candybar dolls of Kingdom Hearts characters:

Roxas:

















And Namine:


















They're cute.

And that's enough dorking out for one day.

1 comment:

belledame222 said...

hey, if you're still looking for textbooks, try half.com. I found one hardcover textbook, admittedly not the latest edition (hence why I had to go online instead of use the official bookstore): originally about $128, got for...75 cents? yes, that's right, CENTS. with expedited shipping and the accompanying workbook, the whole thing only came to about twelve bucks.