Monday, November 10, 2008

In which the blogger exclaims, "Holy crapsticks! I haven't updated since JULY?"

Well, it's been a tough semester. I had to withdraw from my art class to deal with everything--I was doing really well in that class and I liked it, but it was too much of a time suck to work on art projects with a due date and write FIVE BAJILLION papers too.

Not that the FIVE BAJILLION papers were unexpected, mind you, I'm a senior Literature major taking 12 hours of nothing but Lit classes. And all my professors like to assign research papers within two days of each other.

BUT, I'm taking a Shakespeare class in which our big project is a group performance of a scene from a play, and my group is doing the witches from Macbeth. We're totally pwning the other groups too.

What else deserves mention...

Oh yeah, that whole election thing. Can I just say

WOOOOOO HELL YEAH!

Followed by Prop 8 passed? What a bummer.

And conclude with the anti-Obama people I am Facebook-friends with are racist, sexist, rude, illogical, and unreasonable. I may mention more on that later.

In fact, I probably have a lot more to mention later, but I need to go get some supper and write a paper on the differences in the treatment of women in Genesis and the Gospel of Mark.

1 comment:

CrackerLilo said...

I'm laughing at the phrase "Holy crapsticks!" It's mostly a laugh of recognition.

I am so sorry you had to drop your art class, but it does look like your creativity gets to be satisfied elsewhere. Sorry your anti-Obama Facebook friends are so obnoxious, too.

Came via your comment on my blog.

And to answer a question you asked long ago, the pronunciation of "Samhain" is a regional thing. Also, many Witches practice alone or in very small groups, and, well, never get to hear it pronounced properly until late in their practice. My coven in Orlando pronounces it "sam-HAN," second syllable like "hand" without the "d". It's like we rush through it. The only thing people seem to agree on is that only noobs pronounce it like it looks. :-)