Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In which the blogger once again resorts to YouTube.

Okay, so it's not resorting the way the Mighty Mouse thing was--as in, I feel these things are at least somewhat pertinent. Mostly because I've been thinking a lot about religion and faith, coupled with thoughts from my current US history class about changing perspectives on such (how many Jesuses are there?), and spending time with a friend I hadn't seen in a while in a coffee shop we used to have a Bible study in.

So, well, here:

Iron and Wine with "Sodom, South Georgia":



Sufjan Stevens (I am a hip little shit, aren't I?) with "To Be Alone With You":



And Jars of Clay with "Something Beautiful":



"Something Beautiful" is my me-and-Jesus theme song. Or "Jealous Kind," by the same band, depending.

And a quick-and-dirty poem-thing by yours truly:


The love of you--

Gentle savior, how you wound me.
Did you know your blood
would poison the ground?
Beautiful lover, did you see the wars?

Tell me again how you wept.
Tell me again how the drops of blood made dusty splashes in the garden.
Tell me again how you died.

Teach me again to sing you, I've forgotten the words.

No comments: