Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Beet Red

Oh. My. Gad.

I am more embarassed than I have ever been.

My roommate, The Muffin, just walked in at the most inopportune moment possible--Beowulf was lying on top of me in the middle of the floor, as we kissed with a great deal of passion.

Beowulf and I just started dating, btw.

The Muffin is going to despise me for a long, long time. The Muffin will probably regard this as an example of the "pda" she so hates, though we were definitely not in public. In fact, we were very much in private, in the room that happens to also be mine, and not anywhere near her bed. Sure, maybe we should have locked the door, but it's not like we said to one another "hey, let's meet in Seraph's room and make out on the floor to gross out The Muffin!"

The Muffin is not a physically affectionate person--I don't believe she's ever kissed anyone with tongue. She looks a little bit uncomfortable when we hold hands, and turns green when we hug. If he kisses me on the forehead in her presence, she loudly excuses herself with an openly disgusted look on her face. If she is feeling unhappy or sick and I attempt to give her a friendly hug, she cringes away like a beaten puppy. I feel a little bad for The Muffin in that regard. I used to do the same thing.

Though to be honest, if I walked in upon her and one of her flock of admirers--Vanilla the Theatre Boy, for instance--in the same situation, I would be a little uncomfortable meself. Though I wouldn't say "Oh my gad, gross, I think I'm going to be sick." I'd put it more like "Um. Okay. Excuse me." and leave quickly. I would wait until later to say "Hey Muffin, could you go somewhere else with that stuff, or at least lock the door? Thanks."

And now I have a cold. Oh, the misery.

No comments: